Re: 'cheapass' engine mount press

"Allyn"  wrote:

> and 4 ratchet extensions. use the extensions, 2 on each side, to space the
> mount away from
> the vice, so you dont break the rubber of the mount by pushing on the center
> pin.

I use the handles on a pair of channel locks.  Works real well and a lot
less hassle.  Spread them wide enough to clear the center and make contact
at 4 points.  YMMV, but it worked for me (longtime shadetree guy that still
doesn't have the right tools after 30 years of working on cars...).

John

'87 16v