Re: Potter goes Hollywood! - |B])

At 02:38 AM 7/13/01 -0400, Vee Dubb wrote:

>The site looks really nice, and is a huge improvement aesthetically.  It's
>good except for the hidden price thing.  Also, the price "for you" thing is
>annoying and cheapens the whole company.  A store with integrity doesn't
>need to trick us into thinking we are their "special friends".  VWParts is
>about Dubbers making Dubbers happy.  Don't hype it like it's KMart.
>
>Overall, I'm just glad the company is doing well.  It's a great resource.
>
>Sincerely;
>
>Brian Haygood
>'95 Passat GLX - needs parts from Mike
>'00 GTI GLX - still under full warranty and not modded

I too, like to see the prices up front.  But as far as the "for you" price
that
is normal merchandising.  It appeals to most because they see the suggested
retail and see what kind of deal they are getting.  I'm sure Mike isn't
trying to
trick us- just good merchandising for the masses.

Merchandising every day,

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear
'78 Scirocco Bronzish Gold color, 4 speed.