Re: damn im pissed [Pressing in motor mount]

	I had a similar experience.  Most places I called would quote prices in the
$50 range.  A machine shop and a German car garage both said they didn't
have the correct arbor.  I finally ended up at a VW dealer where they sent
me to a guy on the floor who charged me $20 but it was all under the table,
nudge nudge wink wink, with no work order or receipt.  Why does it seem that
VW refuses to press in motor mounts?  I guess you have to leave the car
there and let them do everything.    Bottom line is that it was a lot harder
to find a place that could press in the mount at a decent price than I ever
imagined.

	Is there any reason why a big vise couldn't be used to press in the new
mount?  I'm talking about just slapping the mount and bracket between the
jaws with maybe a piece of wood to prevent teethmarks and then tightening
away?  benton----