RE: Waterfest: Dreadscott verses The Mad Bastard

Hey, maybe we can get a pool going to pay for a tow....It's only 2000 miles
;-0

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org [mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On
Behalf Of the mad bastard
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 1:33 AM
To: Scott Williams
Cc: rocco list
Subject: Re: Waterfest: Dreadscott verses The Mad Bastard

> I can't believe it. My much anticipated Mk1 is now titled and tomorrow
it'll
> be insured and registered. We're looking *very good* for a debut at
> Waterfest. -no more vaporware, folks; its real!

    congrats, scott!  i'm glad that it's alive, finally.

> Yeah, it'll only be in primer, but she'll be spanking The Mad Bastard in
the
> 1/4 mile on Sunday. :^) This will be great showdown of the weekend -the
> spartan single-purpose mighty banana verses my caged out, low-geared but
> relatively HEAVY and completely untested monster rocc. The Canuck verses
the
> Yank. -focused street racer verses the tree dodger.

    fuck.  fuck.  fuck.

    scott, i've decided not to take my rocco down.  instead, i'm preparing
my jetta for the trip.  i don't trust the transmission for the brutality of
2000km of my driving AND waterfest.

    i had considered towing it down on a dolly behind the jetta, but that's
just asking way too much of the jetta, i think.... especially since we'll be
driving thru the mountains.

    fuck.  fuck.  fuck.

    this hurts me to the core.  a 1/4 mile challenge in front of a huge
crowd of spectators, and i'm backing out.  argh.  why'd you have to do this
to me, guy???

> Break out that notepad, Jason. :^) The (former) dread man is comin' to git
> ya.
>
> P.S. You *are* racing, right? Or, will I just win by default? :^)

    looks like you got it by default :(

    i'll decide for sure friday morning.  who knows, i may bring it yet

jason
the mad bastard