From: Allyn
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 5:30 PM
To: scirocco list
Subject: damn im pissed

ok, so i head down to the vw dealer with new mounts in hand (as well as the
brackets ron loaned me).
both the driver side and passenger side. after waiting several hours for
them to finally 'fit me
in', the mechanic comes to me and tells me he cant press the mounts in
because it needs some
'special tool'. i kindly inform the dealership that they are also incabable
of changing a mount on
any vw ranging from 82-92. they tell me they usually get the whole bracket
complete with mount, and
that my parts are aftermarket. i kindly show them the vw part numbers (along
with 'germany' stamped
right on them). after a few more kind words, i kindly leave and kindly lay 2
rather large strips of
rubber in front of the service department.
i stop by 2 other shops on the way back home and get the same response.
what the f***! is it not possible to get this done around here???
im ready to take the sledgeomatic to these things.
beter yet, i'll get eric ellis to do some voodoo on it for me instead, heh.
sorry, just venting
al

Allyn Malventano, ET1(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 160k, rocco #6)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles :)