Re: Do changing cams really work?

> On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 01:51:52PM -0000, Julie
> Macfarlane wrote:
> > I am adding the WOT relay this weekend and come to
> the conclusion that I do
> > not have enough power!
> >
> > I read the talk about changing the cams, but
> dollar for dollar, is it worth
> > it?
> >
> > If so, what are the prices for new/used cams?
> >
> > Is this something I can do or would it be better
> to get someone to do it for
> > me?
> >
> > Will they be for sale at the Waterfest?
> >
> > Julie (the hopelessly addicted)

A good cam, combined with good exhaust system, can
typically add about 10% to your motor's output . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)