Re: Waterfest: Dreadscott verses The Mad Bastard

Dude, I'll set you up with a spare 4K that you can take in the trunk as
insurance.  Take the Mk1!  Show 'em who's boss..!

Drew

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, the mad bastard wrote:

> > I can't believe it. My much anticipated Mk1 is now titled and tomorrow
> it'll
> > be insured and registered. We're looking *very good* for a debut at
> > Waterfest. -no more vaporware, folks; its real!
>
>     congrats, scott!  i'm glad that it's alive, finally.
>
> > Yeah, it'll only be in primer, but she'll be spanking The Mad Bastard in
> the
> > 1/4 mile on Sunday. :^) This will be great showdown of the weekend -the
> > spartan single-purpose mighty banana verses my caged out, low-geared but
> > relatively HEAVY and completely untested monster rocc. The Canuck verses
> the
> > Yank. -focused street racer verses the tree dodger.
>
>     fuck.  fuck.  fuck.
>
>     scott, i've decided not to take my rocco down.  instead, i'm preparing
> my jetta for the trip.  i don't trust the transmission for the brutality of
> 2000km of my driving AND waterfest.
>
>     i had considered towing it down on a dolly behind the jetta, but that's
> just asking way too much of the jetta, i think.... especially since we'll be
> driving thru the mountains.
>
>     fuck.  fuck.  fuck.
>
>     this hurts me to the core.  a 1/4 mile challenge in front of a huge
> crowd of spectators, and i'm backing out.  argh.  why'd you have to do this
> to me, guy???
>
> > Break out that notepad, Jason. :^) The (former) dread man is comin' to git
> > ya.
> >
> > P.S. You *are* racing, right? Or, will I just win by default? :^)
>
>     looks like you got it by default :(
>
>     i'll decide for sure friday morning.  who knows, i may bring it yet
>
> jason
> the mad bastard

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca