Re: How can I make my manifold look cool?

At 2:23 AM -0400 7/10/01, Eric L Ellis wrote:
>You'll probably need to have longer leads, but the original tie down will
>work.

The leads will need to be lengthened, especially to the negative post
as I recall.  Makes for a good excuse to get some trick
Scosche/RF/Phoenix Gold/whatever battery terminals and clean
everything up :)

as far as the tiedown goes, the stock one does not work (IME).  It
doesn't hold the battery securely... in fact it almost gouged holes
in my Optima where slid around against the clamp's corners.  I ended
up putting screws through the holes at the base of the battery
between its cylinders and into the car's battery tray.  It doesn't
move anymore, and I avoided having to use an ugly (IMO) clamp.