Re: oil pan bolts

I was concerned about the two bolds next to the trans,
but folks assured me it was no big deal.

I just went through this when I was replacing my oil pump. Couldn't get a "thin-walled" enough socket to fit right even with a universal attachment. I ended up using a standard combination wrench placed parallel with the bolt and used a screwdriver in the closed end to break them loose. I should have replaced those two bolt with equivalent sized allen head bolts in case I ever have to do it again...

__Wojciech Galecki__
'84 8v Scirocco