[Tech]2.0L swap intake question

Hey ya'll
I was wondering about the infamous 2.0L swap.

I know the non-rocco 16v have the intakes on the "wrong" side of the
engine compartment. I was wondering about that issue. If you use a whole
2.0L out of a say a passat or something. can we use the intake from the
old 1.8 16v. and just bolt it to the 2.0L head or do the ports not line
up?

brian
87 16v.. wrecked. and not bent that bad.
(wheelbase .3" longer on one side that the other and
0.18 degrees off sqaure. (measured from the rear axle center) )
85 Cabby.. (up for sale/trade)
81S needing a new home.
86 Cabby (the real cabby for the wife she wanted burgundy)
88 rocco (Maybe ... a cheapass Ron special :-) )
91 VFR750F really fast and really loud needing a volt regulator.
damn this list is tooo long. and getting longer.