My 16v saga continues...

It's like a Greek Tragedy, almost. :)

So, nailed the timing down, and set to swap out the bad master cylinder with
the new master cylinder the PO thoughtfully gave me when I bought the car.
I figured 2 or 3 hours of work, and I was done, the car would be driveable.

It wasn't to be.

Pulling off the bad master cylinder was no problem.  A little messy perhaps
(No syringe to draw out the fluid from the reservoir?  A turkey baster is
better than nothing!  $1.79 at Target, too!), but not too bad.

Bad master cylinder comes out, I put it in my big pan, so it can leak out
safely, and I go get the box with the new master cylinder in it.

Pull it out of the box, get the rubber seal bits installed for the
reservoir, and notice that it says "20" on one side.  So, I got to looking a
bit closer.  The two don't _precisely_ match, so I grab the bad master
cylinder out of the pan, and look at it - and notice the bigger "22" on it.

Then it hits me, because I've read it on here.  The 16v uses a 22mm MC, and
the 8v uses a 20mm MC.

So, I hop in the other car ('94 t-bird), and blast over to the only open
parts store around (Pep Boyz).  Denied!  They're closed!  Frantically (Yes,
I REALLY wanna drive my new baby!), I call Kragen.. "that for an 8v
Scirocco?" asks the parts guy.. "No, 16v", says I.  "Well, we'll have to
special order that part.", was the unfortunate reply from the parts dude.

So, I went home, cleaned up, and that's that.  Another chapter in my sad
tale of my new 16v. :)

On another note, if anyone HAS a 16v master cylinder, and wants to get rid
of it, let me know.. I'm a bit low on fundage, but perhaps we can barter,
I've got some computer stuff sitting here doing nothing..

Time for a beer, says I.

The list rules. :)

-Pat