Re: How can I make my manifold look cool?

kcollins1@socal.rr.com writes:

<< Cost was $200, but that included not only the upper and lower manifold
 pieces, but also the valve cover.  After seeing one that allegedly had
 60 man-hours into it in a home-grown job, I feel like this was a freakin'
 bargain.. came out great. >>

I agree Kevin-- beautiful job....

As much as I love the look, I was afraid of the maintenance necessary to keep
it looking so nice.

I spent $160 for a ceramic thermal coating applied by Finishline Coatings/RM
Engineering.  The intake manifold was coated in two steps- the bottom side
with a thermal barrier, then overcoated in thermal dispersant. The valve
cover was bottom coated with thermal barrier/oil shedding coating, with a
heat dispersant coating on top.

Good for at least .02hp....

<http://www.finishlinecoatings.com/index.html>

Danny