Re: heater vents

>the air coming out of my center heater vents in my 88 is
>considerably warmer than the air from the side heater vents. this is
>true with the A/c off and on. anyone know what the problem might be?

Just wanted to correct this very common misconception concerning the
center vents in our cars.  Yes, it is possible to get cool, outside
air from the center vents.  The issue?  It's the heater valve in the
engine bay.  Seems the slider on in the HVAC unit is in the habit of
not fully closing the valve, and all it takes it a small amount of
hot coolent seeping into the heater core, and you've got hot air in
the center vents. With the valve positively and manually closed from
the engine bay, you have cool outside air coming out of the center vents
in my car.  I do in my car.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net