moth ball octane?

I was talking to some dude today, and he was telling
me that you can raise the octane level of your
gasoline by adding moth balls into your gas.  He said
that he puts in 20 mothballs for his 80 litre tank.
Moth balls of course, are napthalene.  I tried to
check up on this in the internet but was only half
successful.  I don't really want to gum up my fuel
injectors or put deposits on my valves and pistons, so
I'm wondering if anyone knows about doing this.
Here's what I found on the 'net:

Napthalene, containing two linked benzene rings, was
in 1960 virtually all produced as a byproduct of coal
coking and coal tar distillation. Now more than half
is produced from petroleum sources. Most of the
aromatic compounds are used by the oil refineries to
raise the octane rating of gasoline, and that used in
the chemical industry is of lesser significance in
terms of tonnage.

This material is used as a thinner for paints,
lacquers and
enamels. It also is a component of high-octane fuels.

29. Gasoline Additive - Napthalene crystals, 1 oz. to
5 gallons.

Any comments???

Chris J.

'83 Scirocco GT Wolfsburg ed.