Re: exhaust replacement and 16v sighting (long, sorry)

Hi List,

Weird!  I just got an '85 wolfsburg 8V (the $200 one that I emailed about
last week) to replace my '85 Vanagon as a daily driver (a wonderful new 1
hour commute in Denver has made all of this possible.)  Oddly as it seems, I
also need to replace the exhaust system and struts.  I've already done CV
joints, a new front motor mount, and a bunch of little things...I'm also
curious about the speedometer/odometer, as mine is also broken.  I guess
these are just the usual things that you find wrong with older sciroccos.

I wanted to mention, I've been reading the list and noticed a few folks
looking for 16V sciroccos...There are absolutely none in Colorado, but on
Autotrader.com, if you search for cars anywhere (as opposed to within a
certain radius from your zip code) there are several very, very nice ones,
all of which I can't afford to go across the country to check out!

One question: does anyone know where to find the black/grey pinstripe seats
(front and rear) in decent condition (or something similar,) or a way to
refurbish the ugly white vinyl/white w/black pinstripe cloth seats that I've
been graced with?  I've checked a ton of junkyard sciroccos and the seats
are always either destroyed or gone...

Thanks!

Happy Friday!
Joe T.