Re: Resurrecting a Rocco Was: RE: I got to drive my very first Rocco today (...

#2 Heating oil and #2 diesel are similar, but have different additive
packages.  In addition, in most locales, heating oil is dyed to aid in the
detection of tax fraud.

Drew (84 Wolfsburg Edition Turbo Diesel Scirocco)

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, John Lagnese wrote:

> Home heating oil and diesel are the same. There is just a tax on the diesel.
> John
>
> VeeWdriver@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Kerosene and diesel fuel are basically the same, soooo...
> >
> > Maybe it would work???
> >
> > This would be a good way to preserve the entire CIS system of a car going
> > into "longterm" storage.
> >
> > Tom
> > 76 Rocco
> > 78 Audi Fox GTI
> > 79 Rocco
> > 80 Rocco (future SOLO car)
> > 81 Rocco S (parts car)
> > 81 Porsche 924 Turbo (blown turbo)
> > 82 Rabbit Pickup
> > 84 Rocco (parts car)
> > 85 Audi Coupe GT
> > 86 Rocco 8 V (daily driver, future 16 V)
> > 87 16 V Rocco (organ donor)
> >
> > --

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca