Re: Headlight main beam wiring

Tobias M-G wrote:

> So I'm working on a little project (hush hush) and because I haven't taken a
> close look at the working of the main beam my question is this:
>
> When you turn on the highbeam switch, is more voltage supplied or does the
> voltage go through a second wire to enter the other fillament?

Not more Voltage SENT, more Voltage DRAWN by a different element. Each
element is fed via a separate wire; One for LOW, one for HIGH, one
common for Ground.

> Basically I need to know if I can hook up a different light to the main beam
> driving light connectors (1 fillament) and be sure it stays on when I hit
> the highbeam switch (which would be wired to a new 1 fillament light).

Yes, esp with the use of Relay(s).   Hmmmm, I think I know your project,
Or just came up with one of my own.  :)

> ** just had a thought .. the lever on the steering column .. that's not like
> a 1-2 switch .. off provides power to one wire, on provides power to the
> other wire? If that's the case how could I retrofit the system to power both
> options at the same time?
>
> TIA,
> Tobias

Ignore the switch, draw signal for the relay clamp off of the Main lead
signal. (send me a simple diagram, I'll send something back). Hush hush
like.  8])

TBerk
PS- T., I'm sending you a PDF of an A2 electrical system. It's the
easiest electronic document I have.