From: "Cathy Boyko" <losinit@usa.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2001 3:34 PM
Subject: Not that new to the list and still LOTS of Q's

Well, I have my car back after a MONTH! And it sure looks better, all one
colour, shiny, no primer (silver with blue pearl) Anyway, I drive it home and
as usual it has a few "issues"

1. The MFA does not work. I thought I might have pinched a wire or something
when I refit the plastic under the steering column, but don't see anything too
critical. The display is stuck at 000 and is visible, if that helps. The
diagram for the relays in the Bentley suggests that the relay is the same as
for other things that ARE working. So now what should I check out, and be
specific, I am not that swift. Thanks, I need to know my oil temp - I think I
look at it more than the speedometer.

2. Also new and annoying - the horn doesn't work. I don't know how to test a
relay, but the relay clicks when I push on the horn button, I presume this
means it is working. But no "beep,beep". I feel vulnerable in my little
invisible car with no horn.

3. Comment - the stereo sounds much better with the rear seats back in - note
to self - build a box...

4. Brace yourselves for stupid cooling system q's, my mechanic is in Alaska so
the new thermostat belongs to me (oh joy)

5. My son's Jetta has 15" rims with 195 / 50 series rubber, should fit mine
without rubbing, right? The Jetta will be out for a while (clutch, body work)
so I may as well dress mine up until I figure out what I want in the way of
rims and stop going into debt on other stuff ( for example paint...)

6. I forgot how much I love driving this car...Actually, no I didn't.

Okay, that's it ( except for what is up with my clutch, that's another story)
The MFA and horn are the most important, thanks in advance!
Cathy, with the beautiful shiny 16V