Re: Testing oil pump?

There is no way that I know of to test an oil pump unless it is in a running
motor.  The best way to be sure that your oil pump is going to be good is
replace it!!  In my opinion it is worth the extra $75 to $100 to be sure
that there is oil pressure.  Then, if there isn't, you have something to
lean on (the oil pump manufacturer).  Once the motor is running, you can
test the oil pressure with a gauge either on the oil filter housing or on
the side of the head.  HTH!!

Dave
77 Rabbit 2.0L 16v
84 Scirocco