Re: What is the NAME of your car?

I always loved trying to think of names for cars.  I tried for 3 years to
name my Corolla but never thought of anything -- I guess that points to a
distinct lack of personality? :)

It took me about a year to name the Scirocco, but I wound up choosing the
name Til.  It's a German name -- actually the actor Til Schweiger made me
think of it [He's sort of the German Brad Pitt -- but better looking
IMO].  My Scirocco is a boy, yes.  There's nothing feminine about him --
he's an 18-year old high-school football-player type who doesn't know his
own strength (and breaks bones because of it), and he's always lively,
energetic, and ready to rumble.  Full name:  Til T. Rocco.

I named the Mercedes 2 days after I got her... didn't take long.  And yep,
she's a she.  Her name is "Irina" or "Irene" depending on whether I'm
speaking German or English.  Irene is a very serious 30-something unwed
high-school librarian.  She's got glasses and her hair in a bun.  She wears
frumpy clothing.  And yet, all the boys on the football team know that when
she's not in school, she lets her hair down, puts the contacts in, throws a
small bit of makeup on and she's a babe to the 10th degree.  And she's the
craziest woman in bed you can ever imagine.  But the best part is that no
one knows.  Full Name:  Irina Mercedes.

The best, though, was my friend Jim's Impala SS:  Vlad.  [i.e.
Vladimir].  Sometimes names are just perfect for a car.

Jason

At 01:32 PM 1/30/01 , you wrote:

>Quoting Macsek <scirocco@eureka.eth.ericsson.se>:
>
> > So how do you call your car?
>

>my black '83 GTX was called "Black Cat",
>as it was the opposite of the "White Cat" model offered from VW.
>In addition, Jason, the mad bastard thought it
>"looks like a cat ready to pounce" and so it finally got it's name.
>
>Aside from this I don't give names to my cars,
>as I'm simple minded and without much imagination,
>  I call them "GT-2" or "Hornstein". :-)
>

>Greets
>Dirk
>
>Scirocco GTX '89 graphite-metallic