RE: MFA temp sensor

The outside temp sender is located in the drivers side fenderwell of the GTI
or Jetta, and I would assume on 16v Rocs as well.

On Audis it is up front by the drivers headlight, mounted behind the core
support out of the wind.

It's a little two wire thing about the size of a thimble with flared
mounting tabs to stick through the hole you make for it.

I would advise against putting it in the raintray as this is a "heatsoak"
location.

I built a little "L" bracket with a hole in it that will mount up behind the
drivers headlight.

Brian H