Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 10:11 PM
Subject: stumbling golf

A friend is having trouble with his golf.  '88 golf (digifant) btw.......anyhow, it is stumbling a lot when he is driving.  fine when he's accelerating, usually fine when Idling, except sometimes the RPMs drop for a split second, then come back up.  It's almost like the problem I had with my golf when I first got it, but when I changed the fuel filter it was fine.  We already changed the filter and it didn't make any difference.

Could this have to do with a possible vacuum leak?  I noticed that the breather thing on top of the valve cover is loose and the rubber is not sealing it properly.....could this be it?
Any other likely culprits?  Dirty Injectors?  what would be the likely cause?

TIA
Casey