Re: (Tech)1.9L Head swap questions

I have done this 1.8l head on a 1.5-1.7l block many times and I think the
machinist only charged me about 100$ to do the machine work. Very much worth
the job. Spend the dough to have it done. try it out. use a 1.6l headgasket
and run whatcha got!

> > List,
> > I know some of you may be able to help me out with this dilemma. I just
>got
> > 90 Corrado G60 that has been hit in the rear. Car ran great. 147k on the
> > odometer. I bought the car for the seats which have been transplanted
>into
> > my
> > 78 Scirocco both front and rear fit with a few mods. I was going to put
>the
> > motor in my 78 but I have a 16V I am installing next weekend. So, I gave
> > the
> > motor, dash, and wiring to friend (inactive list member) named Steve
> > "Ghengis" Min with an 81 S currently with a TT 1.9L block and 1.7L (EN)
> > head.
> > According to the 1.9L specs it is at 8.2:1 which is a perfect
>compression
> > for
> > a G60.
> > (Randy what head are you running on your TT 1.9L?)
> >
> > 1. Will the 1.8 (PG) G60 Digifant head fit on the 1.9L block. The 1.9L
> > block
> > originally was a 1.6L block according to the TT paperwork?
>

>No,it won't fit. The oil passages are different and the head would have to
>be
>modified.
>
> > 2. If it does fit would it be worth the effort to swap the head?
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>

>It would be worth it,..but it is a PITA as one of the passges must be
>plugged
>or welded up. The other must be welded up and redrilled, or some sort of a
>reducer must be pressed in. What is left of the Corrado, anyway? Is he
>using
>the FI? brakes?
>
> > Masun Dixon
> > 78 Scirocco (Soon to be 16V)
> > 88 Scirocco 16V (Parts Donor)
> >

>Mike
><A
>HREF="http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel">http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel</A>
>- trust me, a replacement is on the way!
>'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
>'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
>'77-Rabbit - project
>'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag