Re: My brakes SUCK.

Since an auto is almost always pulling your car (even when you are at idle
or let off of the gas) then I would suspect that you are getting brake fade
either or in combination of worn parts (rotors, pads, etc) or by boiling
your brake fluid.  I would reccomend checking to see if you have vented
brakes and unless you plan on keeping or installing 13 in wheels, upgrade to
the 10.1s in front.  The stainless steel lines are a nice upgrade, but
wouldn't necessarily solve you problem.  The master is also a nice upgrade,
but again, not necessary for the 9.4" brakes (vented or nonvented).  I would
reccomend it with the 10.1" brakes but not a necessity.  The bigger master
is nice but I would only upgrade to it unless you want REALLY good braking
or are planning to install rear discs as well as this requires replacing the
booster and can be rather difficult unless you are an above average
mechanic.  I did the 10.1" with rear disc, SS lines, bigger master, booster,
proportioning valves and ran new hard lines as well and my brakes are
incredible (even better than other 16vs I have driven), but to solve a
problem with something mechanical, usually the answer isn't to throw higher
performance parts at it but to figure out what is wrong with what you have
and go from there.  HTH!!

Dave
77 Rabbit 2.0L 16v
84 Scirocco