Re: Brake fluid question

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:36:41 -0800 Tyler Zachau <zp1@uswest.net> writes:
>After my fuckage tonight, I'll be upgrading to SS braided lines and
>ATE
>Super Blue fluid... question is, how much fluid do I need for a total
>flush
>and fill of the system? Thanks...
>Tyler
>8816v
>RIP Euro goodies...

For street use id stay away from the super blue fluid. That stuff has a
nasty habit to really absorb moisture and unless your willing to bleed
them every 3-4 months, you are asking for problems in the brake system.
(Severe corrosion!) Water in brake fluid is a bad thing. The fluid works
great, im not knocking it for that. Its just not a good street fluid
unless your willing to bleed the system very often.

For street use all you need is a good dot 4 or even the ford heavy duty
fluid works good. I like Castrol GTLMA myself. A full weekend of hard
braking (read: really - really late braking so hard I didn't think I was
gonna make the entry to the turn - late kind of braking.) track time
never faded the brakes once and I had a firm pedal the whole time. I hear
alot of people using the Ford super duty stuff and are quite happy with
it. Ive no experience with it.

I do flush my brake fluid once a year whether it needs it or not.
(Usually it needs it... LOL!!)

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette "SS"
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!