(Tech)1.9L Head swap questions

List,
I know some of you may be able to help me out with this dilemma. I just got a
90 Corrado G60 that has been hit in the rear. Car ran great. 147k on the
odometer. I bought the car for the seats which have been transplanted into my
78 Scirocco both front and rear fit with a few mods. I was going to put the
motor in my 78 but I have a 16V I am installing next weekend. So, I gave the
motor, dash, and wiring to friend (inactive list member) named Steve
"Ghengis" Min with an 81 S currently with a TT 1.9L block and 1.7L (EN) head.
According to the 1.9L specs it is at 8.2:1 which is a perfect compression for
a G60.
(Randy what head are you running on your TT 1.9L?)

1. Will the 1.8 (PG) G60 Digifant head fit on the 1.9L block. The 1.9L block
originally was a 1.6L block according to the TT paperwork?
2. If it does fit would it be worth the effort to swap the head?
Any help would be appreciated.
Masun Dixon
78 Scirocco (Soon to be 16V)
88 Scirocco 16V (Parts Donor)