Re: [TECH] - hood cable problems

Probably the safest thing to do would be to replace the cable since it
sounds like it has stretched, but they are adjustable.  Check at both ends
(on the handle and at the latches) and see if there is any adjustment.  My
car is almost 25 years old and the hood cable has never been replaced.
HTH!!

Dave
77 Rabbit 2.0L 16v
84 Scirocco