Wheel curb rash fix/16v engine question.

Ok I have a set of Italian pannsports i am going to mount on my '78 but a
couple of them have curb scuffs kinda bad, Does anyone have any ideas on how
to fix these gash's in the wheels? I was thinking some kind of aluminum weld
stuff(jb weld) then dremmel it and sand it to shape? then what about
Painting them, i was thinking about going and getting some of that silver
wheel paint in a rattle can? anyone used this stuff or what else can i do to
get them painted and have them stay looking nice?
And for the 16v question:
I am buying a 16v for my 78 and the Valve cover has a leak, is replacing the
gasket a bitch or pretty simple? Since the valve cover is under the intake
do i have to remove the intake?
Also when i go to pick up this engine is there anything specific i should
look for on the engine when i am buying it?
Thanks

Chris
'78 (soon 16v!)

Shop online without a credit card