Re: Relay Question

Peter Walsh wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a question about relaying headlights.  The most common approach
> to get power is going off of the batter, which would be 12volts.  What
> if one would get power straight from the alternator?  Wouldnt that
> have a higher voltage or would you run into problems like faster RPM =
> brighter lights?

    Peter, if your battery is connected to your alternator with some
really thick wire, the voltage will be the same on the alt as on the
battery (minus a tenth or two due to resistance).  However, if you
currently have the stock wire for your alternator, you can just relay
the lights off the alternator, BUT, I would highly recommend upgrading
your alternator wire for the sake of the rest of the electricals you
have.

 Andre'
 Lime Green 79
 ICQ #76283458