Re: TT exhaust? How loud.

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 thescirocco@juno.com wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:49:48 -0500 (EST) Brian McGarvey
> <brianm@zbt62.eastnet.gatech.edu> writes:
> > I was just wondering how loud the TT exhausts are?
> >
> > For frame of reference. I had a Mk1 w/ stock and the car rattled
> > more than the exhaust made noise.
> >

> > I am assuming that it is going to between these two extremes.
> >

> > I have 1991 Honda VFR750F Motorcycle that makes my ears ring. 1.75"
> > 4 into 2 into 1 Two Brothers Full on race pipe. It is louder than some
> > harleys when I'm getting in it. @8K-10K RPM.
> >
> > thanks.
>
> Quieter than your bike... 8^)
>
> But seriously, the sound depends on which engine, 8V or 16V,
> displacement, cam,
> which downpipe, cat or no cat, resonator, and which muffler you go
> with...
> Techtonics uses Dynomax Superturbo and UltraFlo, and Borla mufflers.
>
> If you have a stock Scirocco, the Techtonics exhaust won't be that loud.

Well this TT exhaust is on the r.a.m.v.w. that was posted to the list.
Car has 1.8 16v with euro intake cam, lightened flywheel (BSI racing), TT
downpipe/cat, TT exhaust, Suspension Tech springs, boge turbogas
shocks/struts. Car has a 4K tranny that has self machined itself. Recent
timing belt, and recent clutch. Install a tranny , and drive, or use for