Re: 16v Idle Problem??

In a message dated 1/16/2001 2:51:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
scirious@hotmail.com writes:

<< Sometimes it calms back down below 900 and becomes
 quiet and even.  Can someone describe to me what the idle behaviour is
 SUPPOSED to be, so I can get an idea whether or not this is a problem or
 just normal. >>

When My 16v is cold it will Idle at around 1,100rpm but when it is warmed up
it will idle at 900.  But if it is going up and down I would remove the idle
air stabilator and clean out the inside with throttle body cleaner spray.
Then I would go around and make sure there are no vacuum leaks and replace
all of the vacuum lines. This should settle down your idle. And one more
thing is to make sure your idle mixture has been set properly.

Brian 86 16v
<http://members.nbci.com/captnbr/captnbr>

<http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html>