RE: Prep (on a budget) Q's

> -Recommendations: Basic stuff like K&N air filter, Bosch/Mann
> oil filter,
> quality oil, bleed brakes with DOT-4 fluid, Ferodo or similar brake
> pads/shoes. Get an upper strut tower bar (Scirocco's flex a
> lot up there,
> and it could lead to chassis cracks) and a 28mm rear torsion
> bar to get rid
> of that understeer. A lot of people don't realize it, but
> tires are more
> important than any suspension setup. Get R-Compounds if your

Based on several recommendations made by listers about a month back, a lower
stress bar is even more important than the upper bar in preventing these
cracks.  Is this true?  I'm planning to eventually do both, but I want to
start with the one that does the most to save my chassis.  I can say from
experience that a cracked chassis makes for some pretty inconsistent
handling - my '84 would really dig in turning right, but left turns felt
sloppy by comparison.

Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'70 Beetle