Re: oil-burn

Not to worry, John.  It just puked some oil up through the crankcase
ventilation hose through into the airbox.

Clean out the airbox and you're done.  Sometimes this happens due to a high
oil level, sometimes for no apparent reason, and sometimes because of
sustained high-rpms around high-g curves.

Either way, no worry.

Jason

At 02:56 PM 1/13/01 , John Lagnese wrote:
>Hi,
>I recall that a thread went through recently about a major burst of
>smoke due to excess oil. I was turning 4k getting up to speed on the
>highway and pow, huge cloud of smoke. I shut the car off. I tried it
>later and limped home. Every time I cranked it up to 4k, more smoke. It
>was trailing some residual smoke otherwise. There was oil dripping out
>of my air box also.
>This was the 1st trip out in the daily driver. I had dropped an 89 Fox
>engine into my 83 Audi 4000. Any ideas?
>Thanks,
>John
>87 16V