Re: audi 2.0 head

In a message dated 1/14/01 8:46:34 PM Pacific Standard Time, Cmr446@cs.com
writes:

Valve sizes: Shouldn't this be in a Bently manual?  Could call up the
nearest Audi dealer maybe.
 Throttle Bods: After going through Audis and VWs for the largest TB, I
found that even the Audi 4000s had an intake port for the larger TB, as
well
as the VW Fox (guess how I found that out). Mk I and early Mk II intakes
need
to be ported for the TB's usually installed in later Mk II VW and Audi/VW
5cyl.s.

Yes I've spent too much time in the auto yard lately...
 But then I've also found one of my dream cars there today, a '70 Opel GT,
straight body, immaculate interior, no wheels or powertrain, damn.....

I can't verify any of this, but here ya go... The valve sizes are the same,
combustion chamber volume is smaller, the injectors are in the intake, it
already has the larger throttle body, and the intake is oriented correctly to
fit in an A1.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)