Tech Q"s Re: [Not Mine] Somebody Save This Scirocco!

Well This seems to be what I am looking for...
Does anybody have information regarding trannys that will match up. I know
where 2 8v are in a slavage yard. How Do I pick the right tranny?

also has anybody ever fixed a sunroof by replacing the sheet metal?
or transplanting a different roof in with a VW sunroof?

figure what the hell...my brother has magic hands when it comes to sheet
metal.