Re: Stripped out engine mount stud..AGAIN

In a message dated 1/14/01 3:49:16 PM Pacific Standard Time, Captnbr@aol.com
writes:

Ok What the Fu$k, I driving along balls to the wall acceleration, shift to
second than all of a sudden  BANG like a loud backfire. So I get to the
next
light and now when I do any type of heavy acceleration, there is this very
loud vibration and I can feel it in my feet, legs and ass, feels kinda nice
actually... no seriously it sucks ass.  So I get underneath and find one of
the nuts that attaches to the stud in the car for the rear trans. mount is
gone and the stud is stripped off.  Is my engine that strong, anyone else
have this problem?  This happened before and I threaded on a slightly
smaller
nut and it held for a year. I dont think I can do this again though.  Do
you
think I can get some visgrips on this and remove the stud or is it welded
in
there. This sucks

I bet your front motor mount is just shot. I have never heard of one of the
studs on the back doing anything like that. I am not sure how the studs are
held in though.
Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)