Re: It just stops!

Try looking at the ignition switch.  While the engine is running, wiggle,
pull, push on the the key/key chain.  When the contacts in the switch wear
out, the symptoms are similar.  BTDT.
GL.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://member.aol.com/sailingfc/

r.evans@mail.parklanecoll.ac.uk writes:

I'm new to the group so sorry if this problem's been listed loads of times
before but... I've just bought a 1988 1.6 GT. It's only had one owner and
it has a full VAG service history on 94,000 miles. Just recently it's
developed a nasty habit of cutting out whenever it feels like it. I'll be
going along quite happily at 40, 50, 60, 70+ mph and then it will stall. If
I leave the clutch out whilst moving it jump-starts but continues to judder
down the road. With the clutch in the engine cuts completely out. If I
stop, the engine starts immediately and I'm on my way again.