<tech> instrument cluster reassembly

So I'm winding up my spiffy white face conversion and I'm left with a part I can't place.

It is an angled, gold anodized piece of metal, shaped like a wide 'L' that has 5 small holes drilled through it, and a couple of indentions punched into it that look as though they are ment to retain another part once this one is in place.

I have no frickin clue where this is supposed to go, anybody help?

Bad ASCII follows:

     / ------------------|
    /               o       |
   /_      o               |     Front