Re: Re-installing rain gutters

I think they are in fact supposed to slide into place but the lip on the
plastic gets broken as the plastic gets old & brittle. I used some mastic
under the plastic and held it down with tape and a small weight until the
mastic had cured - has lasted 6 months+ so far.  You could use something
stronger like epoxy but it will make life more difficult if you ever want to
remove them again.

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins.