Re: [OT] 20% Off Quaife Group Buy

>In a message dated 1/7/01 8:09:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>skerocdriver@juno.com writes:
>

>>Back to basics.
>>
>>When you signed onto the list, did you get a message stating what to do,
>>not do? I know I did. I recall there being a part of the message saying
>>that if you has something to sell it was cool, but spamming the list was
>>not cool. Meaning that if you had a few items you were selling. These
>>were typically used parts or as an example, if you had a new part you
>>didn't install and decided you didn't need/want it and you want to sell
>>it, that was cool.
>>

>Spam? Spam is like advertising cheap long distance and porn....as close as
>this stuff comes to porn for most of us, I don't think it qualifies. You
>subscribe to a mailing list...if you don't want to see something, hit
>delete...it's that simple.

Shawn is entirely correct here, and the few times a 'tuner' distributer has
joined the list pimping parts or what-ever, we've collectively booted their
sorry ass right off list or off our parts pages on scirocco.org.  If Peter
was not a valued list member and contributer, he'd probably be on
thin ice.  Peter posts many answers to questions, and as a matter of
fact, many times posts the availability of the necessary parts to buy from
himself.   This is probably a fine line never envisioned by the writers of the
list policy.  So, I bow to the majority on this matter,and since the compliant
level has been very low, I really don't see the problem.  If all someone did
was post parts for sale messages, that would be a problem.  Peter doesn't
do this, outside of attempting to organize a group purchase for some items,
which others have done on occasion also.  Disagreement is fine, gets people
excited.  Respect is also encouraged, gets people to not take out hits on
each other. :)

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net