Re: oil pan

Preferrably the later transverse engine VWs since they had the 5 qt pans.
The way to tell the difference (I believe) is that the 5 qt pans ar flat on
the bottom and the 4 aren't.  Atleast that is what I remember.  It has been
a while since I actually had a 4 qt pan and I keep forgetting to memorize
what one looks like when an earlier car comes into the shop.  HTH!!

Dave