Re: [tech] spring rates for 16v

>I am looking to go to a coilover system on my '86 16v and have been
>thinking about which spring rates to use.  I do not drive the rocco
>everyday, but would like to keep the setup "streetable".  I was thinking
>of going with 350 front/300 rear.  I do autocross and plan to go to a
>few track events, so I really need the highest rates that are still
>*bearable* on the street.  Any thoughts?
>TIA!
>
>=====
>____________________________________
>Benjamin Harder

I just had this discussion with Ground Control, and I got 250 fronts and
225 rears.  Since they're linear, they'll be stiffer then the progressive
rate H&R's I have now.  Remember, it's the springs / shocks at the rear
of the car that have a greater effect on how the car rides.  I have
another set at 325 and 350 but those came off a dedicated rabbit racer,
and the former owner reported it as: Damn Stiff.  For you, I'd probably
get something like 275-300 front, and 250-275 rear to accomodate your
occasional track event. You have Koni's, right?

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net