[tech?] Speedo cable lubricant? was: [eng.] Oil filter Q and misc. lube

Carl wrote:
<snip>
...what's a good lube for the speedo cable?
<snip>

How about graphite, I've heard of using it in this type of application but
have never tried it myself.
I just replaced the last one that was having problems.
Has anyone tried this before?

Randy B
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - future Oettinger 16V project
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver