Re: [eng.] Oil filter Q and misc. lube

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001 Cmr446@cs.com wrote:

>   Earlier posts said something about FRAM oil filters falling apart and
> letting filter particles run through the engine. Admitedly I've been running
> thier Tuf Guard for years now. I'm of the school of thought that while OEM
> filters are good, the higher priced (as opposed to cheaper) aftermarket
> filters are better in that the mfr will get what they can that's cheap to
> procure, as effective as aftermarket filters or worse, with a higher price
> tag. So my question is, are the VW OEM oil filters better, or is there a
> better aftermarket filter?  Is there an online report of comparisons?

For the speedo cable. goto a motorcycle shop ( import ) and get a bottle
of cable lube. They even have a tool that clamps onto the cable so you can
squirt the graphite based lubricant down into the cable the whole shebang
should cost less than $20.00 and one good treatment should last like6-10
months. THis is what I used to use on my bikes when I had cables. or you
can goto a bicycle shop and get a teflon based lubricant made by castrol
that is the best lub I have ever seen. Dont reemember the name but it
works really well.