[tech-brakes] Rebuilding rear calipers

Hello all,
Well I had a chance to rebuild the rear calipers for the 16V brake
conversion for Mars.
Unfortunately I did not get pictures of the process but it was very
straightforward and fairly easy.

My rebuild consisted of
1.	Removing the caliper from the carrier.
2.	Removing the guide pins (2), cleaning them and their recepticals,
re-greasing the pins (with supplied grease), replacing the rubber dust boots
(2), and re-installation.
3.	Backing the piston out of the caliper (12mm hex), removing the dust
boot from the piston, removing the piston seal (dental tool) from the
caliper, cleaning the inside of the caliper with brake cleaner, cleaning the
inside of the piston, flushing the piston and caliper with brake fluid,
re-installing new piston seal (coat with supplied grease), re-installing new
dust boot (coat with supplied grease) by sliding over top of piston till the
bottom of the boot is bellow bottom of piston, position dust boot into
caliper, and install piston by turning onto threaded stud.
4.	Once all back together, fill caliper with clean brake fluid from the
brake line hole threading piston out and back in as you do it.

This is what worked for me, there may be other ways to do it.
If anyone has any further advice, please post it.
GL

Randy B
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - future Oettinger 16V project
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver