From: Vee Dubb [mailto:scirious@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 2:02 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: A better Server for the list? here is an idea...

I participate on an egroups list (vwpassat), and it runs very smoothly.  It
has a great searchable archive and can be read from the egroups website
(which I think is the same as the yahoo site) or can be sent to your e-mail.

  One nice feature is that every e-mail comes prefaced with "[vwpassat]" in
the subject line, so they can be automatically sorted.

I fully support the idea of having rules by which the list can be moderated.

  Did you noticed that about the time that was suggested the amount of
"chaff" on the list was drastically reduced?  I haven't checked my e-mail
from this list in about a week and had 1030 new messages.  I have deleted
all but about 3 of them.  There's just too much stuff here that isn't
scirocco related.

As for the typing stuff, I think Jonas had a good point and his e-mail was
generally well founded.  I don't mind sorting through the typo's to get to a

reasonable message.  I don't think poor communication skills, even to the
point of being illegible are reasons for a post or poster to be rejected.

Sincerely;
Brian Haygood

>From: "Patrick Bureau" <pbureau@home.com>
>To: Scirocco List <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: A better Server for the list? here is an idea...
>Date: 27 Feb 2001 06:42:43 CST

>mailserver system, and the moderators can fully control the setup, and the
>web
>page (not required, but adds to the fun) permits to have a gallery, to post
>pictures (we do sometimes want tio show something...) maybe instead of
>spending
>money on a new server for teh majordomo, all we need is to create an
>"Egroup" I
>moderate 3 of them (medival society related) and it works very well, and
>the
>control on spam is simple, the members (like this system) are fully
>controlled
>by the moderator(s) (yeah more than one can do the job here...) I think
>someone
>shoudl investigate it for this mailing list...
>
>--
>Patrick Bureau
>'85 Scirocco
>http://longcoeur.com/scirocco
>----
>ICQ   : 32918816
>AIM   : PatricDLC
>MSN  : Patricdlc@hotmail.com
>Yahoo: Longcoeur
>

>--
>Email LIST problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe send

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and
affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the views of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.