Re: [mk2] won't start

--- "Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@core.com> wrote:
>   after replacing the oil cooler gasket (streaming oil
> like a stuck
> pig), the car ('87 8v) won't start. there spark at the
> wires, but the
> plugs are dry. the fuel pump relay was bad and i bypassed
> that with a
> piece of wire. even letting that set in there for five
> minutes, the
> plugs were still dry. i'm going to read bentley tonight,
> but i was just
> wondering if someone had an idea on what might be wrong.
> thanx.

Is the pump actually running?
Fuel in the tank?  (seriously!)
Clogged filter?

Crack loose one of the injector lines from the fuel
distributor to see if you've got fuel there.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
'91 Passat
"I am who I am. What else could I be?" - Lara Fabian