Re: [advice] to buy or not to buy a torque wrench??

When you say "the kind that you can preset ", do you mean the ones that
click? I have one of those, and mine isn't that much longer than a 1/2"
ratchet. So far, I've had no problems maneuvering into fairly tight places
working in my driveway. I would definitely recommend picking one up. I think
it's worth it just for piece of mind. I personally torque just about
everything on my car. I figure that VW wouldn't have gone to the trouble of
recording all those torque values if they didn't think it was important.

Ryan

> well, i've contemplated this purchase for many years...
>
> and after having stripped stuff in the past, i get a somewhat nervous
> feeling when i start torqueing down screws by hand..
>
> so, i started looking around (since i keep running across the usual "150
Nm