Throttle cable

What holds the throttle cable to the pedal?  Is it
just a little bolt?

Pulling into the parking lot this morning, my pedal is
suddenly resting on the floor.  Popped the hood, and
the cable does not pull free, so I guess it is just
something inside....

Didn't want to roll around in the snow more than I
have to, so does anyone have a quick fix that will get
me a few miles (mostly downhill) to home?>

THanks
Mark

=====
Mark
Music is the soundtrack to the Low Budget B-movie that is my life.

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/