RE: scirocco.org club, list etiquette, etc

Fair point - Just injecting a thread.

I personally feel that everyone has value to add to a club/list like this
not matter their depth of knowledge or location but my distince from the
heart of the club worries me.

Being in the UK the benefit obtained is advice purely and paying for a club
the best part of 3500 miles away doesn't on the face of it seem worth it as
we are unlikely to be more involved than an e-mail/advice and perhaps some
trading of spares.

I personally would have no problem in offering some dollars to help but
maybe not all would think that way.

I've lost count of the number of times a piece of advice has saved me
time/money/embarrasment and the amount i've learned (not only about
Scirocco's) in the approx 12-15 months i've been on the list has been
invaluable.

I also appreciate that non US & Canadian residents are a minority and
esentially all of us live by the majority vote but if we do go down the fees
route then maybe the international listers will become a thing of the past
(or maybe not)

What i do know is a list that shall remain nameless (and a damn good one at
that) decided in the interests of etiquette etc to restrict itself to
members only and it killed it taking its numbers from 700 to 50 ish. The
others just started another list with a similar name and that took off.

Just my thoughts and i'm rambling as well

Andy